There are times when you require a fresh network connection but are unable to use your remote. Even though the situation could seem bad, there are a few options to connect Roku to Wi-Fi without the need for a remote. You can try the following various techniques:
1. Use the mobile Roku app
Downloading the Roku mobile app is the simplest way to access the network without a remote control.
The buttons and features of the actual remote are exactly replicated in the smartphone app. The touchscreen user interface is the only exception.
However, keep in mind that your Roku device needs to be network searchable. Otherwise, using a physical remote will be required to operate the appliance.
Use the Roku mobile app to connect Roku to Wi-Fi by following these steps:
- To download the Roku app, pick either the Apple Store or the Google Play Store.
- Select the Remote option from the home menu at the bottom of the display.
- To associate the software with a Roku device, choose that device. The name of the Roku device should be visible at the top for this purpose. When it’s linked, a green indicator will let you know.
- Use the directional arrows on the app to browse to Settings > Network > Set up connection > Wireless on Roku after clicking the Home symbol on the digital remote.
- Choose the channel you want to connect to after allowing Roku to discover all nearby wireless networks. Click Connect after entering the SSID password in the proper format.
- From this point forward, the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet can be used as a controller.
2. Use A Mobile Hotspot To Connect The Roku Device To Wi-fi.
Use a mobile hotspot to connect Roku to Wi-Fi by following these steps:
- By navigating to the hotspot settings on your mobile device, you may set your hotspot name and password to match those of your Wi-Fi.
- By doing this, the Roku device will be able to identify your hotspot as Wi-Fi.
- Make sure the hotspot and digital remote are both turned on.
- Take your second smartphone, the one that has the Roku app, and use the same SSID and password to connect to the hotspot you set up.
- Use the Remote feature on your mobile device’s Remote app to connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot.
3. Make Use Of The Chrome Extension For Roku.
Using the Remoku browser extension is another method for connecting Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote. Only Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome is compatible with the add-on.
There are two steps involved:
Link the Roku device and Remoku extension:
- Either the Microsoft Edge browser or Google Chrome should be used to find and install the Remoku browser extension.
- Click the extension when it shows up on your toolbar and then choose the “R” icon in the top-left corner.
- The virtual remote should appear when you press R. Following that, you must select Settings to ping the Roku device on your network.
- From here, you can either manually enter the IP address or search for your Roku.
- It can take a while to scan for your Roku, so we strongly advise manually entering the information.
- You can find your device’s IP address by going to Settings > About.
- Make a note of your IP address and enter it into the Manual Add feed as instructed.
- To save the IP address, select the “+” button. To set the gadget apart from other wireless devices in your home, you can give it a name.
Utilizing The Remoku Extension, Connect Roku To Wifi.
- Select the Remoku button after seeing the symbol in the top right corner of Google Chrome (or Microsoft Edge).
- On the Remoku extension, navigate to Settings > Network > Set up connection > Wireless using the arrow keys.
- Select the network you want to access after allowing Roku to discover all nearby wireless networks. Click Connect after entering the SSID password in the proper format.
- From this point on, you can already control your Roku device with the Remoku plugin.
Roku WiFi Reset Without A Remote: How To Do It?
- Go to settings
- Go to WiFi settings and locate the Hotspot menu.
- Ensure that your mobile hotspot is turned on.
- Under the heading Wi-Fi name, you can input the SSID for your Roku (SSID).
- For these connections, passwords must be entered.
- Click Save.
How To Access The Ip Address Of Your Roku Without A Remote?
- Go to the main menu to access Roku’s settings.
- By inputting it, look for the networking option.
- Under that submenu, locate About.
- There, along with other details about its network, your Roku’s IP address will be shown.
How To Resolve A Roku Connection Issue?
- Replace the batteries in your Roku remote if it isn’t functioning.
- You might need to swap out the batteries or couple the remote once more if that doesn’t work.