Finding your exact location like where I am right now can have many benefits. For example, if you ever find yourself in need of help and don’t know where you are, checking your GPS can give you a clear indication of where to go.
However, just because we carry those tiny electronic devices with us doesn’t mean that we should rely solely on them. A map or finding the next nearest landmark is often much more accurate than using our phones for navigation.
The traditional way of knowing your location
When ancient people used to travel, they always had a very old-fashioned way of being able to find their location. Since then, most people tend to carry a map around with them wherever they go.
Here are a few examples of traditional methods of knowing your location:
1. Looking for a landmark: Using a map, an easy way to discover where you are would be to simply look for a landmark you can see on the map. If there is no landmark visible then it is unlikely that you’re within a certain radius of your location.
2. Asking the locals: Another way to check your location would be to ask the locals. Ex. If you’re lost and can’t get yourself a map, chances are that you would be able to find someone who is familiar with that area and could give you directions.
3. Compass: If you’re feeling very lost, then you might consider carrying a compass with you. It may give you the extra direction needed.
4. Knowing the seasons: Nowadays, finding yourself in a new place can be eased by knowing when it is time for certain activities or events in your location – for example, observing the seasonal changes (e.g. summer and winter) can help to determine your location.
5. Finding places of importance: There are usually some places of importance in any particular area (e.g landmarks, buildings, monuments). By looking at these locations you can know your approximate location more accurately which will help to find your way around easily and accurately.
A modern way of knowing your location
There are, of course, some drawbacks to traditional methods of knowing where you are. For example, if you’re lost and not a local you may have a hard time getting one of them to show you the way. Also sometimes it’s easier for locals to show you the way but for other people, it can be quite a hassle and that’s why they just use their GPS.
The bottom line is that in today’s modern world, thanks to technology there are more ways than ever to find your location than the old-school methods we used before. The downside is that all of those methods will require your smartphone or one with GPS or Google Maps on board.
1. Google Maps: Using Google Maps is pretty simple. Just open up the app and let it locate you. The downside is if you’re in an area where you don’t have service it won’t be able to locate you.
2. Using your phone’s GPS: Using your phone’s GPS can be a lot more accurate than Google Maps because even if you don’t have service it’ll still be able to use its GPS to see where you are at. The downside to this, of course, is that your battery might not last very long which means that using your GPS may also drain your battery.
Benefits of knowing your Current location
1. Peace of mind knowing where you are:
Finding your location can give you a sense of security or safety. It’s always important to know where you are especially when you’re traveling to an unfamiliar place.
2. Easier navigation:
If you know the general area where you are, it is a lot easier to get around and find your way back to where it is that you want to go – either by using landmarks or indicators (e.g. street signs) that could provide better direction than your phone’s GPS.
3. Accurate time:
Knowing your location can also be useful in many activities like meeting someone or planning a trip. For example, you might want to know the exact time at which you’ll be able to discuss a certain matter with someone in person – such as when it’s the best time to call them on the phone.
4. Finding places of importance: Knowing your location can be useful for finding out where some important places are located in an area. For example, if you were traveling somewhere for work and were lost you could use landmarks to guide you on how to get back to where you have worked.
How to find where am i right now exact address?
Open google map in your mobile phone and click on my location at bottom right. Blue dot show your exact location.
Knowing your location is the most powerful way to find your way back home or meet up with someone. The only thing you need is a smartphone and you’re ready to go!
Although getting lost can be an uneasy experience, if you know how to handle it you’ll stronger and more resilient when it comes to facing any new situations.